...and I couldn't be happier. Growing up, there were times mom and I didn't see eye to eye. In fact, there were a lot of those. I remember several times saying, "when I grow up I'll do things different!" Or the famous, "You don't know what you're talking about." Because truth be told, I knew it all. As do all teenagers. (Just ask, they'll tell you.)
Luckily for me, my daughter does not make me feel this way...yet! If she's thinking my parenting type isn't quite up to par, she's hiding her feelings well. :)
Why was I so worried about turning into my Mother? She has 7 children and was a stay-at-home mommy. Somehow she made each of us feel like we were the most important person in her life, all at the same time. She taught us to love Christ. (Really this is the greatest gift she could have ever given.) She was my biggest fan, my toughest critic and had faith in me when nobody else did. Including me.
Plain and simple, she is amazing.
This is mom w/ my baby sister Shelley.
I took this photo with my first camera I got for my 8th birthday. I remember her not smiling BIG enough, so she smiled BIGGER!
Her strength amazes me. I am so proud to call her my mommy. And I thought this getting older turning into my mother would be a bad thing. Boy, was I wrong.
She sounds amazing.
ReplyDeleteI use to worry about turning into my mother.