Last Tuesday, Jordan turned 15. It was emotional; I'd be lying if I said tears were not shed. Of course these are tears of joy. I have an addiction to scrapbooking. (Add this to my list of addictions: shoes, handmade handbags, sheet music...the list is long so I'll stop here.) So I pulled out the scrapbooks from when Rich and I started our lives together. Jordan was four. So tiny. When did this little girl grow up to the beautiful young lady I look at today?
(These were from our first portraits as a family, August '99.)
(2nd day of school as a Freshman.)She has a love of sports, even running! I'm a lover of running, have been since I was younger than her. None of my friends are crazy enough to do a marathon with me. (So I'm the crazy one and runs them alone! Don't ask, I can't explain.) She tells me she might run one with me one day. But for now she's sticking with 3.1 miles at a time! She has run a few 5k's, most recent was this past fall with her mom.

Jordan is lucky to have a mom that cares, passionately, for her. So am I. Each day I have to spend with them is a gift. Not a single day with them is ever taken for granted. I know I am blessed beyond measure to call them family. So as we wind down the "birthday month" for Jordan, there is just one more thing to say. Thank you Laretha. I am truly blessed to call you my friend.
So sweet! I cannot believe how fast the time flies, they grow so quickly.
ReplyDeleteThis goes on my list of things that make me happy.
ReplyDeleteThank you for loving my kids. As much as I miss them when they are gone I know they are in good hands with someone who loves them. That is a gift to me.
ReplyDeletethanks for the sweet post.