Wednesday, August 14, 2013

His LAST first day of school.

Tyler embarked on his LAST first day of school (in public education). He is a senior. Not only is he a senior, he is starting at a brand new school. Thankfully, his two best friends attend Liberty High School as well. In his words, "Kyle is my most loyal friend I've ever had." Kyle is crazy and loud, and always bouncing with energy. When he is not in our home our family doesn't seem complete. He is my *other son* and I truly am thankful for the friendship he has with Tyler.  And Austin is hilarious, hard working, a blast to be around & one of the most daring karaoke singers I know. (Jodi and I have video to prove it.) :)

While the circumstances of Tyler switching schools were not ideal; luckily he is an easy going kid and he is just rolling with the punches. We would have liked to see him graduate with his friends from his old high school, that just was not an option this year. With that said, we are anxious to see where this year leads him. Already, he is able to take theater classes that were not available at his old high school (ie- advanced theater and competitive theater).  Considering that is the career path he is leaning towards, it's visible God has been orchestrating this move to benefit Tyler. 

Nathan's first day is today as well, he begins 7th grade today. I know God has BIG plans in store for this school year. I'm excited to see these unfold & be a part of them. 

Today I pray for all the students and educators.  May each child (and college student) be paired with the teacher that will help foster each child's talents and be the cheerleader & encourager they each need. May each child be the one to reach out to the child sitting alone at lunch, or the one left out of the games at recess. Lastly, MAY THEY BE WORLD CHANGERS AND NOT CHANGED BY THE WORLD!!

I know it is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy thoughts from my friends