Thursday, July 22, 2010

When the sun comes up...

I did not want to get out of bed this morning to run.  My body said do.not.do.it!  I needed motivation at 5:30am so I sent a message to a friend who I was certain was up.  (And if she wasn't, that was all the more reason for ME to go back to bed.)  She was up and reminded me this:

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.  It knows it must run faster than the fastest lioin or it will be killed.  Every morning a lion wakes up as well.  it knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.  It does not matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...it only matters that when the sun comes up, you'd better be running!

Happy strides my friends!

2 comments:

  1. I remember being able to run . . .
    Sigh.
    just remember me and run a few miles for me.
    PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete

Happy thoughts from my friends