Tuesday, November 24, 2009

THANKSGIVING

Today, on Thanksgiving, I want to express how grateful I am for my family. I am blessed and honored Rich has chosen me to be his wife.
He loves me unconditionally. He is a leader, a provider & the protector over our home.
And yet at the same time he is gentle and loving; setting an example to our children that marriage is more than an arrangement or "paper contract"...it is an eternal commitment.
Never did I imagine this joy of raising three beautiful children, all of whom love The Lord. J&T were the best wedding present.
Kids are baggage in blended families, and the "ex" you'll have to put up with (so I was told). These skeptics could not have been more wrong! I consider myself blessed to call Laretha a friend, and J&T are the best teens a parent could ask for. (I'm sure all four of us parents are a little biased, but seriously…they're great!)
So on our 10 month wedding anniversary, we were graced with the blessing of Nathan. Our miracle baby. Having been told I would never carry a child to term, his due date of Christmas Day was obvious of God's intervention.
Great friends fill our nights and weekends, enjoying fun games and guitars. We're got quite the (Rock)band if I do say so myself. :)
In a time when so many are struggling to find employment, we are blessed with jobs we both love. With employers who love and appreciate us! (I have handwritten sentiments from them to prove it!)
Very high miles, explains my Tahoe. But it's paid for and it's ours, and that's all I could ask for. (Nothing feels as good as a paid off vehicle…well maybe a paid off mortgage. We're not quite there, but we're working on it!)
It's like one large fight...ur, uhm...maybe more like a chaotic party from Thanksgiving to New Year's. You know, with all of the family gatherings. But we are able to all get together, and that's all I could as for.
Next to each other by fireplace each evening is where we gather for family prayer. It ensures one moment each day when we can be together as an entire family. [Some days a little family (as Nathan would call it) when J&T are with their mom.] Our one guaranteed moment when the world does stand still...at least our world.
Give thanks today for all the heartprints God has given in your life.



Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. May you have a blessed day with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy thoughts from my friends