- Marrying the love of my life. February 2000 we became a family. It wasn't easy blending our family, but it was SO worth it!
- Having a baby, even though the doctors said it was impossible. December 2000 (10 month wedding anniversary!), we added to our family. Or as Nathan says, he "completed" the family. :)
- Moved three times...two of those were within seven months of each other. My next and final move will be back to our old town in the house we will retire.
- My testimony of the Gospel is deeper and stronger, even though I thought it wasn't possible. God's love is amazing! He keeps giving even when I think I'm full!
- Watched my mom attain goals she only dreamed were possible for DECADES! She lost 135 pounds in 11 months, went back to school to get re-certified as a registered nurse. This woman inspires me! She reminds me that age is truly just a number.
- Said goodbye to loved ones...well, only 'til we meet again. I missed Grandma Frost more than ever this past week. She was one-of-a-kind, and is dearly missed. Grandpa Ralph was more musicially talented than ANYONE I have ever met. Not only could he play every instrument he touched...he MADE them too. (I'm lucky enough to have his handmade guitar and banjo. Now only if I would play them regularly...)
- Surgeries, oh the many surgeries! Shoulder surgery...I'll take two please! Back surgery...sign me up! Hysterectomy...sure, how much weight can I lose? (Just in case you're wondering on the latter one...only ounces.)
- Added a brother to my family. Yes, Nick was a surprise to everyone. No doubt his autism is sometimes difficult to deal with, however I feel learning his quirks only brings us closer. Yes, my parents are just a few years from retirement. All that said; Nick is truly a blessing, and exactly what our big family was missing.
- Employment. I started my job in early 2000 and have had the joy of remaining there this entire decade. My husband just celebrated 20 years at his job. In our current economy, we are so grateful for our jobs with benefits when so many are not as lucky.
- Front seat to the best screen play ever written. a.k.a. - my life.
Oh how I anxiously await what the next 10 years brings us.
Great post! and good job narrowing a decade down to ten. Wonder if I could do that . . .
ReplyDeleteA great post!! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a while since I stopped by for a visit. I loved reading this post. Hope your New Year is off to a good start.
ReplyDelete