Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy birthday mom

Today, I celebrate the birthday of the most wonderful woman I have been blessed to know. My mom. She is amazing. Truly. The depth of her love is unmeasurable. This past year has been a roller-coaster ride for her emotionally. Through it all, her faith in God remained. She never wavered on how much God loves her. Not once. In fact, she constantly reminded all of us that He ALWAYS loves us. (I already knew this...probably because all my life this amazing woman reminded me of this. She also taught me that loving Him brings true happiness.)

She never doubted Him. In fact, several times we would talk and she would say, "God is teaching me something. I'm not sure what, but He obviously has something BIG planned for me." Yes mom, he does. I believe He has great things in store for her.

Her trials have brought me to my knees in prayer. For understanding. For guidance. For forgiveness. I didn't think it was possible for her testimony to grow any stronger, yet it did. I saw it first hand. I believe it was possible because of the trials she has been faced this year.

She also decided to go back to college and get re certified as a nurse. She has not held her nursing degree for 30 years. It is quite funny to hear her say she can't hang out because she has to study. :)

And who could forget her REMARKABLE weight loss journey this year? 130+ POUNDS! All since January of this year!

So as we come to a close on the anniversary of the birth of this ONE. OF. A KIND. WOMAN. When I look at her, I see true beauty. I remind myself this is what I want to be when I grow up. I guess I really did want to turn out just like my mom after all.

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy thoughts from my friends