"With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men."—Ephesians 6:7 (KJV)
Have any of you fellow bloggers done The Love Dare (from the movie Fireproof)? I have...and continue to. I completed the dare early this year. I found most people doing The Love Dare were in a troubled relationship. This was NOT our marriage. Yet I chose to do the dare in hopes of further building on our strong relationship. When I completed the dare, I decided to continue by randomly opening the book each week and do whatever the "Dare" I opened for that day.
I have had the honor to be married to Rich for almost 10 years. He is my strength, my everything. He is the one to wake me up off the sofa when I fall asleep to say, "time for prayer." (I testify that praying together is essential!!)
Whenever I feel down and out, overwhelmed, like the weekend couldn't get here soon enough(!), I'll get that random call from him. The one that says he prayed for me...just because. He reminds me where my strength comes from, Jesus. That I have a Heavenly Father who will never let me be down and out.
Our upcoming 10 year anniversary in a few months marks a decade of this wonderful man enduring all my flaws. My weaknesses. My quirkiness. Loving me, unconditionally.
So you can understand why I was excited when I read today's dare. (The scripture at the beginning of this post is from today's dare as well.)
Before you see your spouse again today, pray for them by name and for their needs. Whether it comes easy for you or not, say “I love you,” then express love to them in some tangible way. Go to God in prayer again, thanking Him for giving you the privilege of loving this one special person—unconditionally, the way He loves both of you.
Amazing isn't it? Even if you do not do the entire Love Dare, I encourage you to take today's challenge on. I dare you. :)
When we saw that movie in the theater, I remembered thinking, "Even though it's cheesy, this is a great concept." Haven't thought about it since. Maybe I need to pull it up again!
ReplyDeleteWow! I've never met anyone who did the dare themselves. I'm glad to hear of your success. How can anyone go wrong when they put the Lord and their spouse first? Thanks for sharing your experience and your testimony of marriage.
ReplyDeleteI just rented this movie to watch for the first time from the library.
ReplyDelete