Monday, September 23, 2013

Did I really register for an Ironman?!?!?

I did it. I'm still in denial on some level, but I am registered for my first half Ironman. Hitting the "complete registration" button on my computer screen was one of the hardest things (mentally) that I've done in a while. I was quivering and part of me had doubts I could do it. 


That's when my phone started blowing up. Text messages and phone calls from loved ones who knew I was registering, all offering encouraging words. My AMAZING friend and trainer, Tina, has been one of my biggest cheerleaders. She has believed in me from the start. She basically yelled at me in text and said, "register!" 

Then my husband sent me a texts that for encouragement. He has always believed in me, regardless how crazy my newest adventure sounded. When I asked if he thought I could do a half IM he said, "Of course!  You're the strongest woman I know!"  (How in the world did I get so lucky to be married to him??)

For accountability reasons I announced it on Facebook. I needed my *world* to know (family/friends) because they will ask how training is going...and there is just something about telling my *world* that helps me stay accountable in my training.

Comments from my friends (either via text, phone call or FB comment) after I announced to the world on Facebook were incredible:

"Rockstar!"

"...you're super cool bad ass!"

"Of all the people we train with you're the only one I would bet on to be able to complete a half."

"You are amazing and inspiring!"

Friends and family I want to thank you from the depths of my heart. I appreciate and covet all the heartfelt encouragement. Remember me on June 15th next summer, I will need you to be texting these same words of encouragement while I'm racing! 

FYI- don't' ask what my goal time is, I don't have one. My goal is not to compete; it is simply to complete the race. And having that medal around my neck that says "finisher" won't be too shabby either. 

Oh, and my fantabulous friend/trainer Tina will be doing the same race. :) She is much faster than me so I know they'll be one non-family member cheering specifically for me at the finish line.

So there you have it; I'm Boulder bound next June. I'm dreaming big and walking it out in faith because that's really the only way to dream, right? :)

Future Ironman,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy thoughts from my friends