My friend Cheryl has inspired me to create a list of some of my most grateful moments of 2010. My list is not quite as inspirational as Cheryl's, but these are highlights to me. There have been many more, but these are the ones I choose:
January - New set of scriptures. :) New notes and highlighting for me to do!
February - 10th wedding anniversary that we celebrated in Cancun for basically free! (Used airfare points and all of our Marriott reward points to stay at the JW Marriott. 10 years of traveling for my job finally paid off!)
March - Shipped our daughter off to France for 13 days. It was brutal emotionally, the days seemed to drag on. Did I mention we had just watched Taken just a few weeks before she left? That movie alone makes you want to hold your babies a little closer just in the grocery store...let along giving them freedom to leave the country. She had a fabulous time and returned with stories that will last a lifetime.
April - Our girl turned 16! My husband just had to buy her a car for her birthday...she is definitely Daddy's little girl!
May - I am officially registered for the OBX marathon, thanks Rich!
June - A new appreciation for seat belts. My baby sister and my two youngest brothers were in a terrible car wreck. ALL were wearing seat belts but transferred to hospital via ambulance. (Yeah, it was that bad.) Both brothers ended up with only severe pain and stitches; my baby sister had complications with her shoulder and the skin grafts she had recently done a few months prior. (They were afraid she may need new skin grafts.) The seat belt caused her collarbone to crack but still SAVED her life.
July - Amazing fellowship with church family. Our house was CONSTANTLY filled with youth and other families. This month flew by.
August - I. Heart. Family. Vacations!
September - Prayer is what got me through September. Early in September our daughter was diagnosed with a rare skin tumor which required a couple surgeries. (All of this because of a mole we had removed for being suspicious looking.) This experience brought us closer together as a family. We prayed, fasted and worshiped together for her. Biopsy after biopsy came back bad, which meant another procedure. Then she had the dreaded staph infection...
October - ...it wasn't until mid October that we got the "all clear" on our girls tumors. Now if the dreaded staph infection would clear. It was not until the first week in November that this was FINALLY gone too.
November - OBX MARATHON!! It was the hardest test I have put my body through; especially since I did it with an injured knee. Looking back, I still cannot believe I chose to go past the start line. I honestly thought I had done permanent damage after I had crossed the finish line. But it was SO worth it. North Carolina was beautiful. The kids enjoyed every moment they could at the beach. Even *falling* in when they not supposed to. (Ty still maintains he fell in, I think he kinda made himself fall in. Either way, it was funny.)
December - Christmas! I love everything about the Christmas season. Our family adopted a young woman who lives in a group home. She has autism and has very little clothing, and no means to buy new ones. So we shopped for the best bargains and bought her twice as much clothing and fun stuff than we thought we would be able to. Before each shopping adventure we would pray, that our focus would be for Megan (our adopted girl). We were blessed on each shopping trip! We seriously bought double the amount of each item than planned and were UNDER budget! We even bought additional items for her to share with the entire group home. With the remaining $25 we had set aside for this we bought a Walmart gift card so she could buy whatever she needed. I believe prayer is what made our dollars stretch as far as they did. I know it was omplete favor from Him.
I am looking forward to the amazing things He has in store for us to 2011! Blessings!
Boy, you've had quite a year, some of it very difficult.
ReplyDeleteHope 2011 will be a significant year for you, with much to be grateful for.
=)
What a great summary of the year. I didn't know you were going through such a challenge with your daughter. I'm sorry. I'm glad it's over too.
ReplyDeleteI know this year will be a great one! I plan on it!
I appreciate how you seem to find positive moments and gratitude for your blessings through the trials you've experienced.
ReplyDeleteYou should blog about your marathon experience and the training leading up to it. I would be very interested in hearing about that. Have you been a runner most of your life?