Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Do you REALLY know who you're voting for?

One week from today we will go to the polls to vote. If you are not planning to go to the polls on Tuesday, please tell me you'll be going before then to pre-vote.  If neither of these apply to you, I really do not want to hear you complain about the issues our politicians have at their feet to vote.  The way I look at it, in order to have a voice, you must BE the voice, you MUST vote!  Ok, let me step off my soapbox now.

I usually direct my friends who don't know where the candidates stand on issues to one site, VoteSmart.  This site is phenomenal!  You click your state, enter your zip code, and then subject by subject you vote on what is important to you.  It best matches you with the candidates that line up with your beliefs/morals.  IT DOES NOT ASK REPUBLICAN, DEMOCRAT, OR INDEPENDENTIt asks what's really important, not what party line you want to stand behind, it asks the items that are really on the line.  Such as economy, abortion, education, military, healthcare, economy, taxes...you get the idea.  Then at the end it shows, by percentage, which candidates you are best lined up with. 

Please take time to check this site out or do your own research elsewhere.  Whatever you do, please vote.  Our children, and yes, our children's children really do depend on the actions (like voting!) that we do today.

Happy researching!
Jackie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that website Jackie, I really appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! Most people don't know that in my "former life" (before the titles of SCHOOL TEACHER and most recently MOM) I worked for a United States senator. And while I am a registered Republican (and not ashamed to say it, even if some of the GOPs affiliates are not all that they should represent), I believe that regardless of your political affiliation you should ABSOLUTELY vote AND be an informed voter at that.

    Thank you for not being afraid to speak up and encourage others to get out to the polls for a mid-term election!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I'll have to check out that site. Maybe it will save me some mulling time.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a lot of time to vote and know what you're doing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Happy thoughts from my friends