Last Monday we said goodbye to a remarkable woman, Grandma Frost. She never met a stranger, including me, when I was introduced as the new girlfriend 10+ years ago. She asked one question within minutes of meeting, "Do you sew?" Me, "Of course, I even make my own pj's & bags." Grandma, "I knew I was going to like you." More on the life of Grandma in another post to come this week. Just know, you missed out by not knowing her.
School started last week for all three. Those of you who follow Laretha's blog can read all about my stepkids first day. I still can't believe Jordan is in 10th grade. I remember her jumping on the big yellow bus her first day of kindergarten with her best friend Anna. Off they went to be "Big Kids" in the great big world without a parent or Jenny. (The most absolute best fill-in parent anybody could ever ask for. I don't dare call her a sitter, because the amount of love and attention she poured out on them definately qualifies her a as a fill-in parent.)
Nathan began 3rd grade, "The year of the letter grades!" as he puts it. I'm not sure why he is so excited, I told him it's much easier to get all "3's" on a grade card than all "A's" but we'll see. Unfortunately, his first day of school was cut short. He only enjoyed 2 hours of it due to Grandma's funeral. His choice-he said, "I can't imagine not being there for Daddy."
(My little man before the baptism.)
And the most joyeous events of the week I would have to say was the day my baby boy entered the water for his baptism. Saturday, Nathan declared his love for Christ by being baptized. He was telling all his friend about the promises he made with Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ by being baptized. It was precious, just like a little missionary.
In our church, the baptisms are not done during at a regular service, they are a service all their own. Because this was Nathan's big day we let him choose everything, down to who would give prayers. He asked me to play the piano for the service, which meant I had to practice the songs he wanted (it had been a while). He asked if Jordan would play his favorite piano piece, Canon in D. She did remarkable, I knew she would.
In family tradition, we went for pizza afterwards. Then Nathan said, well I want one more thing....cake. We all laughed, Ty said, "Ok then, you can have a baptism cake. We'll just call it the B.C." And that's just what we did! Yummy chocolate on chocolate cake with french vanilla ice cream. :)
Congratulations to Nathan on his recent Baptism and for starting the 3rd grade. As a former 3rd grade teacher, I can tell you the whole letter grade thing is huge for these little people...they just love getting the letter grade!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and your family,
Valerie
Oh Congrats to you and your family!! What a trying week you've had. So many ups and downs.
ReplyDeleteI just love that picture of Nathan, so full of promise and light. I'm proud of his choice.
Take care!
September challenge posted on blog. :) how'd the 100 miles finish out?
ReplyDeleteMy congratulations is a little late, but still heart felt. What a wonderful day.
ReplyDelete