Friday, August 7, 2009

ABC's of Summer

Since June the kids and I have kept a piece of paper in the Tahoe with our ABC's list of activities for Summer 2009. It is now complete. Nothing spectacular, nonetheless, they are great memories. As I've been constantly reminded lately, summer days like these will soon be memories as our oldest is days away from beginning her sophomore year in high school. YIKES! Reading that in print stings a little more than speaking it out loud.


Here you go, our summer according to the alphabet!

A- American Plunge water slide

B- Branson

C- Columbia for family reunion

D- Deanna Rose Farmstead

E- eating lots & lots of ice cream (I figure I've got all fall & winter to work it off)

F- Family Home Evening & Funnel cakes (the kids could not decide on which one for the list so we included both)

G- Game nights

H- Hooter's Cruise (sponsored by our racing buddies at Purposebuilt)

I- Independence water park

J- Jess' AMAZING BBQ

K- KCIR

L- Lazy-rivers!

M- MoKan racetrack...yes, we have a racing problem :)

N- New Camaro (we didn't get one, but our friend Angelique did & we got to ride in it!)

O- Odessa, the location of the best July 4th party!

P- Piano lessons

Q- Quiktrip's $0.49 drinks

R- Redneck golf

S- SWIMMING

T- Tiffany Springs water park

U- Utah (this one is actually later this summer but it still counts!)

V- VAMP racing

W- Whitewater

X-x-rays, with our dental cleanings (thank heaven nobody needed these due to injury!)

Y- YMCA

Z- Zoo

2 comments:

  1. We love Deanna Rose Farm and the Independence Water park! You've had a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think Deanna Rose is out in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Happy thoughts from my friends