Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Interpretation of "Free Thoughts"

There is no doubt in my mind on the beginning of my existance. Where I began. Who created me. Who I belong to. Where I will go when my trial here on Earth is done. Who decides my trial on Earth has come to a close. I know who hears my free thoughts, even if they are only spoken in my head.

Today folks, I'm expressing a few free thoughts out loud. It baffles me to see people who have been so blessed in their lives completely dismiss the idea of God. Case in point, Lance Armstrong. I'll admit it, I wore the LiveStrong yellow bracelet for a while years ago. His story inspired me for a brimp (brief impulse, I tend to make up words...just got with it). I will never forget watching an interview clip on tv. He stated, "I hoped hard. I wished hard. But I didn't pray."

I immediately took off the bracelet; how could I not? If I wear it, I represent what he represents...a Godless World. Don't get me wrong, his foundation to find a cure to cancer is amazing. LiveStrong obviously means something completely different to me. I want to Live Strong through God; not hope and wishes. Lance, I'm not sorry. You and I have to agree to disagree. (Like one of his "foundation" LiveStrong members are going to get wind of this tiny little blog. :~D)

I decided to try and find info on this article/interview. In the process I came across Freedom From Religion Foundation. FFRF organization boasts pridefully that they are the largest organization of Free Thinkers (athiest and agnostic). Wouldn't you know it, they have the information I'm looking for on Lance. You can read it here. What amazes me is how Lance believes his recovery and healing came from hope & wishing. HELLO!! What about his family? His fans? His sponsors? His doctors? I guarantee you someone prayed! I believe with every fiber within me, God healed Lance. It didn't matter that he chose to dismiss Him, God was involved...He always is.

Our youngest son loves to ride his bike. Last year he was asking if he could be like Lance Armstrong. I cringed, I'm sure I probably made one of those faces where all my crows feet showed proudly. I told him that having the ambition to ride like Lance was wonderful; but I want him to be his own person. To never forget who gave him the blessing & ability to ride. We constantly tell our kids real heroes are not in movies or the athletes we watch. A real hero knows he/she is meak and small, and without God is incomplete.

Makes me wonder how many of us "grown ups" need a gentle reminder too.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I know I can only put my trust on the arm of the Lord. It is only through Him that miracle of Lance's healing took place. I have a hard time placing him on a pedestal of "worship" like so many do. I have to agree..that I disagree with him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm glad you did! I love the "Praise God" you have at the top of your blog. Stopping by here, I just got another little reminder of how much He loves us and He is in control. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Happy thoughts from my friends