I came across a recent poll done on who people across the nation thought to admire and look up to this past year. I find it absolutely fantastic that three of the TOP 10 were religious leaders. The poll was the "USA Today/Gallup poll on *Most Admires Men in 2011*.
The three religious leaders who made the top of the list are:
#6 - Billy Graham
#8 - Pope Benedictine XVI
#10 - Thomas S. Monson
I've heard it said by friends that the world only looks up to corrupt leaders and "worldly" people...to that I say take another look at this national poll. It seems to be telling us otherwise.
I leave you with the following quotes:
"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the church is often labeled today as fundamentalism. Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, look like the only attitude acceptable to today's standards." - Pope Benedict XVI
"Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ." - Billy Graham
"Choose your friends with caution; plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith." - Thomas S. Monson
Love this, too! Yay, for all three of these gentle men!
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a beautiful 2012,
Valerie
Isn't that wonderful that Pres. Monson is mentioned?! I love it.
ReplyDelete=)